5 things I will miss at Petite Menu:
1. Deep fried soft shell crab with the killer salted egg sauce. Every meal here must start with a double portion of this wonderful cholesterol bomb.
2. Letting Chef Nixon spring a surprise menu on us. Jerusalem artichoke soup with poached egg and addictive fried baby shrimps? Chef knows me too well. Without him, Petite Menu won’t be the same no more.
3. Super affordable haute cuisine. Tell me, where to find $36++ for a good quality 4 course dinner these days? And by good quality, I mean fresh and perfectly seared scallops, threadfin, cod fish, halibut etc etc.
4. The pretty and artistic plating… How come chefs can style a dish so effortlessly by randomly sprinkling garnishes here and there but when I try to do the same, all I create is a mess?! #obviouslynochefgeneinme
5. Of course, my favouritest deconstructed blackforest dessert forever and ever. Chef has passed on the recipe to K so I’m patiently waiting *hint hint* haha.
Petite Menu and Chef Nixon, you will be dearly missed!
Level 1, Aqueen Lavender Hotel
139 Lavender Street