Here’s why the picture below best represents ‘Singaporean Food Culture‘:
1. Affordable ($2 for 5 pieces of melt-in-the-mouth heaven, so cheap!!);
2. Transcends racial boundaries (I’m a Chinese who loves this dessert believed to be a Malay adaptation of an Indian snack);
3. Looks unassuming but packs a punch (sweet gula melaka + salty coconut shreds, omg);
4. Brings back childhood memories (love getting tutu kueh at pasar malam when I was a kid!);
5. Instagram-worthy (admit it, taking pics of food is the Singaporean food culture)!
Okie that’s all, let me win please! Xoxo.
Traditional Haig Road Putu Piring
#01-08, Haig Road Market and Food Centre
14 Haig Road