Shortly after our visit to Milk and Honey Gelato, we went back again for (a lot) more!
The unassuming display holds a wide array of gelato, meticulously crafted and freshly made daily. Choose away!
Waffles are, of course, on the menu (I’d be shocked if any ice cream/gelato place doesn’t offer it, what with the hype now). Disappointed that the supposedly “brownie-like” dark chocolate waffle embedded with melting chocolate bits (sounds so awesome, right?!) was unavailable so we had the signature plain “quaffles” – 4 x handmade quarter waffles ($3.80). Decent but not the prettiest around and not the best I’ve tried (my waffle allegiance is currently pledged to another) so I’ll just stick to gelato!
Seven scoops at one go – definitely a first for me! Oh well, at least these were well worth the calories with well calibrated texture, body and aftertaste:
1. White Mac (white chocolate + toasted macadamia) –> still my favourite!
2. Salty Malty (horlicks + sea salt) –> still K’s favourite! We are 专一, they are consistent, win win!
3. Mao Shan Wang (durian) –> intensely pungent, polarizing yet popular, must try for durian lovers!
4. Yuzu –> subtly flavored, light and refreshing~
5. Choc-a-Baby –> skip this only if you are not into dark chocolate (not me, for sure!)…
6. Passionfruit Mango –> too sweet for me, I prefer tangy and tart~
7. Lychee Malibu –> they were running a contest to name this flavour when we visited. Just saw from their FB page that the official name is now Malychee! Kind of cheesy, haha. Anyway, I usually don’t like lychee ice cream/gelato but this was quite good (must be the Malibu rum talking hehe)
We also tried the shy green nut (i.e. pistachio) milkshake! Three generous scoops of blended gelato with milk resulted in a thick, rich and oh-so-creamy shake. Omg it’s like drinking a glass of melted ice cream – super sinful but so good!
Judging from the wall of thank you notes, we are obviously not the only ones smitten with Milk and Honey! Our thanks to Gary and the team for having us over!
Milk and Honey Gelato
Block 86, Bedok North Street 4, #01-179
Read Full Post »